Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread

So I had a few ripe bananas laying around...I also had some left over coconut from when I made coconut shrimp, so I thought I would throw it together and see how it came out!  Result = DELICIOUS!!!

Start with your dry ingredients:  1 1/2 Cups Flour, 3/4 Cup Sugar, 1 tsp. Baking Powder, 1/4 tsp. Salt, 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda, 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon.  Whisk together.


Then add 1 Cup Sweetened, Shredded Coconut, and 1/4 Cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chunks (Chocolate Chips are fine).


Now in a Separate Bowl, Whisk together:  2 Eggs (room temperature), 1/4 Cup Sour Cream (Makes the cake SO moist), 1/4 Cup melted Butter, 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil, 1 tsp. Vanilla extract


In Third Bowl mash 2 ripe Bananas with a fork.


Stir mashed Bananas into wet ingredients, then gently stir the wet mix into the dry.
Stir together until just combined.  Do not over mix.


Pour batter into greased loaf pan.


Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.


Now, I won't say this is on the same playing field as my Grandmother's Banana Bread (I don't know that I will ever be able to share that recipe!), but this recipe is REALLY good!


Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread
1 1/2 Cups Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 Cup Shredded Sweetened Coconut
1/4 Cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chunks
2 Eggs
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Melted Butter
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Ripe Bananas, Mashed

Dry Mix:  Whisk together first 6 Ingredients.
Add Coconut and Chocolate.

Wet Mix:  In separate Bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
Stir Mashed Banana into wet mix.
Gently stir wet ingredients into the dry.  Stir until just combined, do not over mix.
Bake in greased loaf pan for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! So fun! I actually have your grandmother's banana bread in the oven right now! And you're right it IS delicious! I love coconut though, so I'll have try this one! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this!! Looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete